Asian Dating Communication
Abstract from Chinese Women in Love and Marriage written by Dawn Xiao Yan Li
Communication is the key to a successful relationship. Love comes from sincerity, understanding, respect, closeness, trust and commitment, which are all based on a good communication. For a cross-cultural or long distance relationship, a good communictation require more skills. The following Asian Dating Communication Tips will help you to connect your heart to Asian and Chinese lades.
Suggestions for Your First Email to Her
- Be sincere, honest and open
- Address her by name and spell it correctly
- Tell her where you found her profile
- Tell her why you are interested in her (use the information she wrote in her profile)
- Further introduce yourself to her and reiterate what you are looking for in dating
- Show your interest at her cultural background
- Leave open questions (not just yes/no questions and answers) to create opportunities for further interactive communication
- Keep your English as easy to understand as possible
Suggested Questions to Help You Finding Your Miss Right
- What are your values and how do you prioritize them?
- What things are important in a relationship/marriage?
- What is your expectation for your future husband?
- What type of husband do you like – A hard worker? Family-minded? …
- Why do you want to find a Western husband in particular?
- What is your picture or expectation of life in the West?
- Do you prefer to live in the city or the country?
- What do you imagine life will be like in the countryside in the West?
- Are you willing to move to a new country and accept a new life?
Communication Tips for Long Distance Relationship (LDR)
- Keep in daily communication via email
- Reply to her emails as soon as possible
- Phone or talk to her online via webcam once or twice a week
- Ensure she can contact you anytime and anywhere
- Let her know she is always on your mind
- Share your life by telling her what is going on in your week, and listen to her as well
- Reassure her by saying “I love you” as many times as possible, especially when you are going through difficulties
- Remind yourself continuously that being together is more important than anything else and nothing can stop you from joining her
- Let her know that you will overcome all difficulties to be with her
- Send her flowers, presents or cards on her birthday and on Valentine’s Day
- Open with her, and remove any weed between you before it grows too big
- Talk about your plans for your future life together
- See her in person as many times as possible (suggest two to three times a year)
- Be honest and show trust and commitment to each other at all times
Make a good use of long distance dating to achieve a solid foundation of your love!
Read more about Asian Dating Communication… please go to Chinese Women in Love and Marriage